- High quality screened (shielded) cable to reduce noise and RF interference
- Every cable is individually assembled and tested in our UK workshop
- Superior quality USB to serial chips for guaranteed reliability
- Length approx 1.7m/5ft 6ins - long enough even if your PC is under your desk
- Extend up to 5m by adding a USB extension cable (not included)
For example, you can use remote control software like Ham Radio Deluxe or edit and backup your memory channels. Contest and logging software can fetch your operating frequency and mode direct from the radio. If you are working satellites, your computer can automatically track your transmit and receive frequencies and compensate for doppler shift.
This cable is for all radios that use the Icom C-IV control interface. For programming hand-helds and commercial Icom radios please use one of our Icom programming cables instead.
One end of the cable has a 3.5mm jack plug which connects to the CI-V socket on the radio. The other end has a USB plug which connects to the PC's USB port. The cable contains a USB to serial converter, so the radio appears as a COM (serial) port on the PC.
Our standard cable uses the SiLabs CP2102 USB to serial chipset.
This premium version uses the FTDI FT232RL chipset.
Both work with Windows up to version 10.
For more detailed information please read our USB chipset information page.
Please note that a CI-V cable is not an audio interface for datamodes.
FTDI USB CI-V cable for Icom radios
- Brand: TechnoFix
- Product Code: CatCIVIcm/F
- Availability: In Stock
Prices include UK VAT. Customers outside UK - you may be charged additional tax and/or import duties by your country's authorities.