This convenient serial to USB to RS232 console cable enables you to connect your PC directly to the console port of your Cisco or similar router.
- Two cables in one! Less clutter in your network tool bag!
- Combines a USB to serial/RS232 converter and a console 'rollover' cable for Cisco routers
- Configure your router with just one cable, direct from a USB port
- Length approx 1.7m/5ft 6ins (if required, you can add a USB extension cable up to a total of 5m long)
- Maximum RS232 speed 500kbaud
- USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible)
One end of the cable has an RJ45 8 pin modular jack plug which connects to the serial/RS232 console port on your router. The other end has a USB plug which connects to the PC's USB port. The cable contains a USB to serial converter, so appears as a COM port on the PC.
Only for use with equipment with a serial/RS232 RJ45 console port, not for equipment already equipped with USB.
This cable uses the highly regarded FTDI FT232RL chip which is guaranteed to work with all these operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 98
- Mac OS X
- Mac OS 9
- Mac OS 8
- Windows CE.NET (Version 4.2 and greater)
FTDI USB to serial/RS232 console rollover cable for Cisco routers - RJ45 - The original all-in-one.
- Brand: TechnoFix
- Product Code: PrgCisco-F
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Prices include UK VAT. Customers outside UK - you may be charged additional tax and/or import duties by your country's authorities.