High quality screened (shielded) cable. Length approx 1.5m/4ft 10ins.
This cable enables your Kenwood radio to control your SPE Expert linear amplifier. The cable assembly has a DB15 male plug which connects to the SPE Expert's CAT socket, a 8 pin mini DIN plug to connect to the transceiver's REMOTE socket and a DB9 female plug which connects to the transceiver's COM socket.
Suits SPE Expert Linear amplifier models 1K-FA, 1.3K-FA, 1.5K-FA, 2K-FA and Kenwood TS-480HX TS-480SAT TS-480 transceivers.
The following functions are available with this cable:
- PTT - The amplifier switches to transmit and back to receive at the same time as the transceiver.
- ALC - Automatically backs off the transmitter's output power when the amplifier is driven to full power.
- CAT - The amplifier is able to determine the exact frequency that the transceiver is tuned to. It then automatically switches to the correct band and if amplifier has an ATU fitted, recalls the appropriate ATU setting from memory.
For a more in-depth description of these functions and instructions on how to set up the amplifier for your transceiver correctly, please consult your amplifier's manual.
CAT may need to be configured in the transceiver's menu. Please consult your transceiver's manual.
8 pin SPE Expert DB9F Cat control cable for Kenwood TS-480HX TS-480SAT TS-480
- Brand: TechnoFix
- Product Code: SPE8pKwdDB9F
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Tags: TS-480HX, TS-480SAT, TS-480, SPE, 1K-FA, 1.3K-FA, 1.5K-FA, 2K-FA
Prices include UK VAT. Customers outside UK - you may be charged additional tax and/or import duties by your country's authorities.