High quality screened (shielded) cable. Length approx 1.5m/4ft 10ins.
This cable enables your Yaesu radio to control your SPE Expert linear amplifier. The cable assembly has a DB15 male plug which connects to the SPE Expert's CAT socket, a 3.5mm jack plug which connects to the transceiver's ACC (ALC) socket and an 8 pin mini DIN male plug which connects to the transceiver's CAT/LINEAR/TUNER socket.
Suits SPE Expert Linear amplifier models 1K-FA, 1.3K-FA, 1.5K-FA, 2K-FA and Yaesu transceivers FT-857, FT-897, FT-891, FT-991(A).
The following functions are available with this cable:
- PTT - The amplifier switches to transmit and back to receive at the same time as the transceiver.
- ALC - Automatically backs off the transmitter's output power when the amplifier is driven to full power.
- CAT - The amplifier is able to determine the exact frequency that the transceiver is tuned to. It then automatically switches to the correct band and if amplifier has an ATU fitted, recalls the appropriate ATU setting from memory.
- Remote on/off - Switching on the transceiver also switches on the amplifier ready for use. Likewise, switching off the transceiver powers down the amplifier.
- Tx Inhibit - Used to improve the receive / transmit switching efficiency.
For a more in-depth description of these functions and instructions on how to set up the amplifier for your transceiver correctly, please consult your amplifier's manual.
CAT may need to be configured in the transceiver's menu. Please consult your transceiver's manual.
This cable uses Cat control. A Band control version is also available. For more information please visit our Cat v Band control information page.
8 pin + 3.5mm jack SPE Expert Cat control cable for Yaesu FT-857 FT-897 FT-891 FT-991(A)
- Brand: TechnoFix
- Product Code: SPE8pYsu35-C
- Availability: In Stock
Prices include UK VAT. Customers outside UK - you may be charged additional tax and/or import duties by your country's authorities.