High quality screened (shielded) cable. Length approx 1.5m/4ft 10ins.
This cable enables your Yaesu radio to control your SPE Expert linear amplifier. The cable assembly has a DB15 male plug which connects to the SPE Expert's CAT socket, a 3.5mm jack plug which connects to the transceiver's ACC (ALC) socket and an 8 pin mini DIN male plug which connects to the transceiver's CAT/LINEAR/TUNER socket.
Suits SPE Expert Linear amplifier models 1K-FA, 1.3K-FA, 1.5K-FA, 2K-FA and Yaesu transceivers FT-857, FT-897, FT-891, FT-991(A).
The following functions are available with this cable:
- PTT - The amplifier switches to transmit and back to receive at the same time as the transceiver.
- ALC - Automatically backs off the transmitter's output power when the amplifier is driven to full power.
- Band - The amplifier is able to determine the amateur band that the transceiver is set to. It then automatically switches to the correct band.
- Remote on/off - Switching on the transceiver also switches on the amplifier ready for use. Likewise, switching off the transceiver powers down the amplifier.
- Tx Inhibit - Used to improve the receive / transmit switching efficiency.
For a more in-depth description of these functions and instructions on how to set up the amplifier for your transceiver correctly, please consult your amplifier's manual.
This cable uses Band control. A Cat control version is also available. For more information please visit our Cat v Band control information page.
8 pin + 3.5mm jack SPE Expert Band control cable for Yaesu FT-857 FT-897 FT-891 FT-991(A)
- Brand: TechnoFix
- Product Code: SPE8pYsu35-B
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Tags: FT-857, FT-897, FT-891, FT-991, FT-991A, SPE, 1k-FA, 1.3K-FA, 1.5K-FA, 2K-FA
Prices include UK VAT. Customers outside UK - you may be charged additional tax and/or import duties by your country's authorities.